FlashZilla v3 Tutorial
Warning to 2010-2014 VW/Audi 2.0L TDI owners:
If you have a Golf, Jetta, or Beetle, then before you start writing anything to your ECU, you should continuously charge your battery at 12.5v to 13.5v or remove the radiator fan fuse. If you do not have a battery charger, then you can run jumper cables to another car that is running.
Warning to all VW/Audi owners with Polar FIS aftermarket device:
If you have a Polar FIS device (an aftermarket product that customizes your instrument display), then it is strongly recommended that you remove it before reading or writing your ECU. We have received reports of engine start failure or weird instrument glitches. You can re-install Polar FIS after you have finished reading or writing your ECU.
- Click here to download the FlashZilla v3 Microsoft Windows software.
- Connect the FlashZilla 3 device to your computer using the provided USB cable (any A to mini-B USB cable will work).
- Start the FlashZilla 3 software on your computer and it should automatically detect the device, as well as update it (it may take 5 minutes).
- Disconnect the device from your computer, then connect it to your vehicle using the supplied OBD2 cable. The OBD2 port is usually located under the dashboard, just to the left of the steering wheel.
- Tap the "Tuning" icon (the first icon) in the FlashZilla 3's screen. Follow the prompts to read your car's original file.
- If you have a 2009-2014 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, or A3 TDI, then choose engine code CBBA, or CBDB under VW Jetta.
- If you have a 2012-2014 Passat TDI, then choose engine code CKRA (under Passat VII). You may need to download the full template file linked above.
- If you have a 2015+ Golf, Jetta, or Passat TDI, then choose engine code CUUB under VW Jetta, or CRLB.
- If you have any 2011+ 3.0L TDI (both VW and Audi), then choose engine code CRCA under VW Touareg, or CNRB.
If you don't see your vehicle (ECU) listed, then you can download updated template files below. Click here for installation instructions.
- For smaller 3.5" screen FlashZilla v3:
- Base template containing popular cars, but not all of them (faster loading).
- Full template containing virtually all cars.
- For larger 4.3" screen FlashZilla v3+:
Once the reading operation is complete, take the device back to your computer and in FlashZilla software click "Download data". E-mail this file to RAWTEKTUNING@GMAIL.COM
If you see "Calibration file not found" message on FlashZilla's screen while trying to read the vehicle's ECU, then you will also see numbers that looks like this: 03L906019HH_8180. It simply means that a stock file matching your ECU is not in our online database yet. Please e-mail us letting us know of the error and include the full numbers that you saw on screen. If we have the stock file that matches this number, then we will upload it to the online database (this may take up to 24 hours during business days) and inform you. Then you will need to connect the device to your computer and start the FlashZilla software again. It will automatically update online. You can try reading your car again.
A battery charger or jump cable (connected to another car that's running) is recommended to stabilize your car's power during the ECU write operation. THIS IS REQUIRED for 2010-2014 Golf, Jetta, and Beetle. Pulling the radiator fan fuse is an alternative, but using a charger is still recommended.
Please contact us if you need assistance.