The Stage 3.5 tune is designed to work with the Borg Warner CR170 Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade and a Rawtek DPF & EGR Delete kit. This tune improves upon the standard stage 3 but required you to relocate the #1 EGT connector the #2 EGT sensor. Also an EGT gauge is strongly recommended. Note that this setup will require a clutch upgrade for manual car or a DSG tune for an automatic transmission.
- 193 whp (+60 whp over stock)
- 315 lb-ft wheel torque(+90 lb-ft wheel torque over stock)
- Better fuel economy than stock
How to Get Tuned: (Bench Flash vs. Flashzilla)
Bench Flash Tuning:
Bench Flashing your ECM is the cheapest way to get it tuned however it involves removing your ECM and sending to us so we can tune it on our bench. We make this easy for you by emailing you a prepaid ECM shipping label when you purchase a Bench Flash tune. The one draw back with Bench Flashing is that if in the future you ever want to upgrade your tune or reset your ECM to stock, you will have to ship it back to us to do so.
The FlashZilla v3 is a handheld programmer that connects to your vehicles OBDII port and allows you to tune your ECM without removing it from the vehicle. The FlashZilla v3 allows you to upgrade, downgrade or reset your ECM to stock as you wish. Though this tuning method adds a bit of cost, it saves you the hassle and down time associated with removing and shipping out your ECM.
Here's how it works: First we ship you the FlashZilla v3 programmer, you plug it into your cars OBDII port, download your stock ECU ID file, we will then send you the new tuned file for you to upload to your car.
If you're going with a Bench Flash you have 2 options for shipping your ECM to us and back.
1 Way - Return with Parts, is preferred if you're ordering parts and the same time and are not in a rush to get your ECM back. With this option, we will keep your ordered parts here until we receive your ECM. When we receive your ECM and tune it, we will ship it back to you in the box with your parts. This way your ECM gets a free ride back and you save yourself $50.
2 Way - Roundtrip, means your ECM will be overnight shipped both ways so that you get it back in the shortest amount of time possible.
If you're going with the FlashZilla option, there is no need to ship your ECM so you will select None - I'm using FlashZilla
Tuning Schedule and Turn Around Time:
Malone Tuning services are available through Rawtek on the following weekdays:
- Monday - Friday (8am - 3pm EST)
- Saturday - Sunday (Closed – No Tuning)
Bench Flashed ECM’s are usually tuned and shipped back out the same day we get them. If we receive your ECM late in the day, it will be shipped back out the next business day. Please note that if we receive your ECM late on Friday, it will not ship until Monday. So if you are in a rush to get your ECM tuned please try to avoid having us receive it on Friday.
- Rawtek DPF & EGR delete exhaust kit
- Borg Warner CR170 Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade for 2.0L CR TDI
- An upgraded clutch is highly recommended
- Relocate #1 EGT connector to the #2 EGT sensor
- DSG Transmission Tune is required if equipped. For more information about tuning your DSG transmission click here.
North America Spec Vehicles Only
- Audi A3 2.0L CR TDI (2009 - 2014)
- VW Beetle 2.0L CR TDI (2012 - 2014)
- VW Golf 2.0L CR TDI (2009 - 2014)
- VW Jetta 2.0L CR TDI (2009 - 2014)
- VW Sportwagon 2.0L CR TDI (2009 - 2014)
- VW Passat 2.0L CR TDI (2012 - 2014